32 Holiday Gifts For Chefs
Dean Supply Holiday Gift Guide
32 Gift Ideas For Chefs and People Who Enjoy Cooking, Baking and Life
Our Price: $11.99/Set Others: $48.99/Set
This 20 piece baking set is ideal for anyone who uses a kitchen. While the baking dishes are obviously great for bakers, look at all of the small bowls and containers you get. The pie dish can easily be used for other uses in the kitchen, like portioning and prepping. Ya know, like Rachael Ray style!
Know a mixologist or someone who thinks they are a mixologist? Check out these double walled cocktail shakers. Packaged in a cool little box, these cocktail shakers make great gifts for any bartender. Oh and they are pretty stylish too - meaning even if they never get used, they will look great on the shelf!
Our Price: $33.65
Our Price: $35.69
If you know someone who got the baking itch from watching all of those cake decorating shows on the Food Network than these cake decorating supplies are for them. With 52 and 55 decorating tips to pick from they will be designing 12 foot tall wedding cakes in no time - all because of your thoughtfulness. Now give yourself a hug!
Our Price: $33.43
It will be hard for the person you buy this cocktail set for to screw up your next drink. Includes 6 bartender tools that we can only hope will improve the quality of your next drink.
Our Price: $100.99
Starting out in the restaurant world is no easy feat for a chef. Long hours, leg cramps, pressure from just about everyone, and to top it off territorial behavior around one’s cutlery. The only help you may be able to offer a friend who has chosen this path is a brand new 7 piece professional chef knife set. It won’t cure their leg soreness, but will put a smile on their face that they won’t have to fight over the best chef knife every night.
Our Price: $25.31
For those of you who have just discovered Guacamole due to every restaurant chain who now offers the guacamole for 99 cents extra, this one is for you. Anyone can make a mean guacamole recipe with this stainless mortar set. Ready?! Grab some avocados, lemon juice, tomatoes, chilies, a dash of salt and pepper and mortar with your pestle. Or gift it with a bag of tortilla chips so that your friend gets the hint.
Our Price: $47.94
Know an aspiring an artist who likes to play with their food? Let them take their craft to whole new level with this 9-piece garnish set. Tomatoes can be turned into roses, carrots into palm trees, and radishes into flowers. Give the gift of creativity with fruit carving tools.
The perfect gift for every wine drinker, the rabbit wine opener comes with its own stand and foil cutter. Your recipient will never encounter a wine bottle again too tough to be opened.
You may not win any awards giving a measuring cup set as a gift but answer this question: what kitchen would be operational without a set of measuring cups? I think you have your answer. Besides they are stainless steel, graduated, and have a no-spill pouring spout.
Our Price: $9.99 Others: $25.23
Everyday is a fiesta with this 5 piece margarita gift set. Easily gift wraps so really all you need is some tequila, lime or lemon juice, and some triple sec. Bueno!
No kitchen cabinet should be without a set of rocks glasses. The wider brim up top suggests that these Libbey glass cocktail glasses can be used for the old fashioned cocktail. How can you beat a quality glassware set for under 5 dollars?
Who doesn’t want a set of new cookware? If you know a new homeowner or someone with an induction stove, this cookware set is makes a perfect gift. The pots and pans set includes: sauce pans, fry pans, and a dutch oven.
Our Price: $61.86
It has been said that the cast iron skillet should be in every kitchen. Others have gone to lengths that the cast iron skillet could be used for almost every meal. We don’t know about that, but we do know is if someone gave us one as a gift, we might certainly try!
Our Price: $18.56
Give the gift of tenderizing love with this 48 blade meat tenderizer from Chefmaster. By punching holes in meat allows the meat to be chewed easier and allows the marinating dressings and spices to be absorbed evenly and fast.
Our Price: $4.95
Here’s a kitchen tool your friend doesn’t have. Sure it's not a fancy kitchen gadget but those break easily anyways. The Pro Chopper can cut, dice and even mince on cutting boards or in the salad bowl. Versatile as a food chopper and affordable which makes it a great stocking stuffer.
Our Price: $21.56
This kitchen tool gets the user digging perfect balls out of melons and other soft fruits. You can be assured this melon baller kitchen utensil will last for years considering it is made by Victorinox which is the same company that makes quality kitchen and durable outdoor gear.
Our Price: $58.18
Veggie Pasta? Sounds silly right? Wrong! If you or your friends haven’t been turning zucchinis and squashes into vegetable noodles you have been missing out. Seriously, it's awesome! The vegetable spiralizer is an unconventional gift for an unconventional kitchen.
Clam Steamers (Available between August-October)Starting at: $242.35
This may be a Midwest thing, but we love to throw clambakes. It could be the craft beer, the great company, or a reason to throw a party but either way we love them. We also know the importance of having a quality clam steamer that will withstand many seasons of use. Our clam steamers make a great gift for anybody who enjoys a clambake. Note: Now taking orders for 2016.
Give a man a french fries and feed him a snack; give a man a french fry cutter and feed him french fries forever. Are you loving it?
Our Price: $13.79
Yes, we know these oven mitts are long. Really long. Like really super long. Ok, we know. but at least there will be no part of the arm is exposed when digging into the back of the oven. Save the hairs on a friend's biceps this holiday season with this oven mitt.
Starting at: $8.52
Maybe not for everyone, but if you know someone who has a large pizza oven any of our pizza peels will do the trick. Be forewarned, there are plenty of choices so you might want to slyly do some diligence as to what is preferred. Wood handles are great when taking heat transfer into consideration. Can also be used to slide under breads, pastries, and other delicate baked goods.
Our Price: $59.99
This holiday season instead of buying a cheap chef’s knife that will fall apart in 6 months, buy a chef’s knife from Victorinox. The organic softness of the Victorinox chef knife resonates with every movement from blade to handle. Actually, it’s great present for any celebration.
Give the power of handheld blending this holiday season with this immersion blender. Put ingredients in bowl and turn on hand held blender. It is lightweight and cleans up quickly which is always ideal when given to those who have a knack to get messy.
Our Price: $10.19
Do you know someone in your life that never finishes a bottle of wine but wants to savor every last drop? Enter Vacu Vin Wine Saver. This handy little bar tool will lengthen the taste and quality of each bottle by creating an airtight vacuum.
Our Price: $60.30
Obviously a strange gift for some, but this bottle display is great for those who entertain and want to provide their guests a unique way to showcase what wine they have available for the night. It might be overkill for a household of two that Netflix it every night. Then again, we won’t judge.
Starts at: $8.67
The tea box with the glass top has been one of our popular gift items over the years. Use for tea storage and easily display all of one’s favorite teas that are neatly organized in this modern tea chest.
We love coffee. The stuff is addicting. It’s science. Maybe you have a friend that feels the same way. Instead of buying them one of those pod eaters, give them a reusable french press coffee maker that requires no coffee filters or costly plastic pods.
Baking a cake takes time and patience. The larger the cake, the greater the skill set. If you know someone who excels at baking a cake, then get them a cake stand this holiday season. They will be impressed with how easy it is to spin their cake around so that everyone can get a bite.
Our Price: $2.99 Each Others: $7.55
Designed in the shape of one happy fish, this glass fish platter from Cardinal glass makes a cool serving piece on any dinner table. Can be used as a serving dish, a dinner plate or as a display piece.
“A wise man invented beer. A smart man drinks it. But a genius drinks Guinness.” Those words alone are reasons why you can’t ignore a Guinness glass as a gift for someone special.
Our Price: $9.99
If you know someone who can’t mix wine and glass get them unbreakable wine glasses. These heavy plastic wine glasses are meant for those around patios and pools but can used anywhere.
Dean Supply has over 20,000 items so it’s difficult to choose which items will be best used as gifts. If the 32 items in this gift guide didn’t appeal to you, check out our clearance products and our food preparation supplies categories for more Christmas gift ideas. Also, if you think we missed some of the essentials, please leave your suggestions in the comments section. Happy Holidays!
- Michael DeSatnik
3 Reasons How Bottle Pourers Will Save You Big TIme
If your looking for a durable indefinite pourer with a flexible mold then the Spill-Stop 350 is bound to do the job and outlast all other options. Molded of an extremely soft flexible material that will last indefinitely, the Spill-Stop 350 comes in multiple colors to match your styles or organizational needs and are sold in packs of 12. For $2.17/each, this pourer is an excellent choice.
Although, when purchasing pourers, you want to consider where the party is at. Many refer to this pourer, the Spill-Stop 313, as "The one with a screen". Great for outdoor functions and bars, This plastic constructed Ban M pourer features a screen which helps keep bugs out of the liquor and maintains cleanliness as a high priority. These pourers are a steal at $8.93/dozen!
Finally, the third option is the Precision Pour 078CL, which pours accurate shots consistently helping to increase profits. This pourer helps bartenders refrain from over pouring and spilling which could save 2-4 shots per bottle meaning with one bottle, this pourer has paid for itself. Your consumers are sure to appreciate an adequate unchanging measure of liquor in their cocktails time after time. These pourers are listed at $32.46/dozen.
- Michael DeSatnik
Beer Tap Plugs Save Your Beer In More Ways Than One
Have problems with fruit flies? How about keeping your taps free of contaminants? Both issues can be solved with one product, the Kleen-Plug San Jamar! These plugs fit all tap sizes and clean your taps while keeping the fruit flies at bay. The Kleen-Plug is the perfect solution for your tap cover needs!
Kill two birds with one stone with the Kleen-Plug from San Jamar. This plug not only keeps the bar fruit flies from flying into your beer tap and contaminating the beer, but it is also a tough, durable brush that cleans the yeast and sediment inside your taps "for a fresher, better tasting beer", which your customers prefer. So don't waste all of your time covering bar taps with film or other methods, just plug in a Kleen-Plug from San Jamar never worry about dirty taps again!
- Nic Vodicka
Cardinal Glass Dinnerware Discounted & Ready For You
Did we mention we have Cardinal Glass dinnerware? If not, our bad. We have literally many truckloads of top quality, white tablecloth type of porcelain dinnerware at extremely low prices. All items are brand new, with no defects, and available in their original packaging. However, we have taken many of the plates, bowls, and glassware and made them available by the each - for you. Not everyone wants 36 dozen bowls!
We guess you might be asking, why do we have all of these varieties of restaurant dinnerware available at low prices? Well, for starters - we like to buy stuff. But more seriously, we are always looking for great deals that we can pass on to our customers. Dean Supply realizes that not every restaurant or bar has the budget to spend between $15-$40 per piece - and that's being generous. We want to help our customers, not stress them out! So, make sure you take a minute to browse through our online selection. We continue to add items every single day so continue to keep coming back. Or stop on down to see even more Cardinal Glass dinnerware. Many of the plates and glasses are selling fast so don't wait. Below are a few short cuts to help you get an idea of what dinnerware categories are available. Even better - check out our Vine video down below.
- Bowls - Crunchy Bowls, Square Dinner Bowls, Glass Salad Bowls
- Plates - Crunchy Plates, Glass Plates, Service Plates, Square Plates
- Beer Glasses - Printed Pints, Lager glasses
- Rocks Glasses - Starting at $0.59
- Wine Glasses - Tall Wine Glasses, Lyre Wine Glass
- Michael DeSatnik
29 Awesome Ways To Use A Tasting Plate
There are many different uses for these versatile tasting plates from American Metalcraft. Need a little hand-held garden hoe to help plant some seeds and a sturdy sign for your garden that won’t blow away in harsh weather? How about a putty knife? All of these obstacles have one solution. A tasting plate from American Metalcraft.
That’s right folks; these handy little catering plates are not just for serving appetizers at soirees anymore. Serve business cards at your desk or dead bugs right to the trash can. Paint numbers or designs on them and use as table signs or a work of art! Make your display case items pop by having them rest on these tasting plates.
Looking for a more practical, everyday use for these plates? Set your wine down on your new industrial style set of coasters or cut and serve slices of cheese with the same tool (#mindblown)! Are you into painting? Use these plates as a tiny paint palette and create a masterpiece!
These food tasting plates are not just for adults either! Set a tasting dish upside down at the bottom of a Hot Wheels® ramp and launch cars into the air! Incorporate them into your next super sweet Lego® town and wow all of the Lego® people! Bring them into your sandbox and shovel or scoop sand wherever you want it!
Did we mention you can also serve appetizers on these small dishes?
At 19¢ apiece, anyone can have a creative side – here are some examples we have found of how a triangle tasting plate and oval tasting plate from American Metalcraft can be used. Pick one up today and tell us how YOU use it!
- Food sampler - First and foremost, this serving item is a plate - we think. Provide delicious food samples to guests and loved ones at your next party or event! Like sushi or pastries, but nothing messy. Chicken wings and pasta salad might be too much.
- Dead bug scoop - Easily pick up bugs and other objects you don't necessarily want to touch with your hands - like those dead flies in your office.
- Scraper - Use to scrap off old paint or ice off of the car in the winter season!
- Use multiples to create art - Stock up on these little dessert tasting plates and use your imagination! We heard they were at Burning Man this year.
- Display case knick-knack - Make your Lladro collection stand out! An excellent addition to any collection.
- Hand-held garden hoe - Make perfectly straight drenches in your garden with style!
- Prying tool (mini crowbar) - Lock yourself out again? Pry that door open with the power of stainless-steel! Store under the Welcome Mat for convenience.
- Putty knife - Carry and apply putty to divots and holes in walls with ease! Take that Al Borland!
- Smoothing tool - Smooth out that putty by using the plate's edge!
- Letter opener - Sometimes letters can be difficult to open, that's why you should always carry a tasting plate!
- Cheese slicer - Cut through cheese using the edge of this lil guy and serve it to guests on the same plate!
- Coaster - Never worry about water drips or rings again using these bad boys as coasters!
- Dog 'mess' scoop - It's a messy job, at least look good doing it...
- Small painting palette - For the artist in all of us, these plates can mix paint and bring your canvas to life!
- Desk mount for charging cords - Mount one of these tasting plates to your desk and store your cell phone or wrap your charging cords around it to keep them in place - screws not included.
- Table sign - Use these tasting plates as table identifiers with a little paint!
- Garden sign - Mount the handle of the dish to a stake or poll in the garden and never worry about your sign blowing away or falling apart.
- Toy ramp for Hot Wheels® - Fun for all! See how far you can launch toy cars with these tasting dishes!
- Separator (stick in sideways between two objects and turn) - Wires in the way? This plate is perfect to split and separate sheathed wiring so you can get between!
- Star of David - Create this holiday ornament with two tasting plates overlapping in either a hammered or a smooth finish.
- Cell phone stand - Mount your new cell phone stand - plate facing up to a desk by the handle and set your device in it. Makes checking your phone a breeze!
- Back scratcher - Hit those hard to reach places with an extra 3 inches. Relief is just a tasting plate away!
- Bookmark - Don't forget what page you are on! Use as a durable placeholder in your favorite book and easily open back up to where you left off.
- Dry erase marker holder (when mounted above or behind a dry erase board) - Store your dry erase markers right on the board when you mount this plate above or behind a dry erase board (works better with the oval tasting plates rather than the triangle plates).
- Shoehorn - Effortlessly ease your heels into your favorite pair of shoes with an oval tasting plate. The triangle plate will work too but you have to use the right angle.
- Christmas tree ornament - Paint the triangle sized tiny plate green and add a paper trunk to the bottom and you now have a Christmas tree ornament! Warning: The use of power tools may be needed for this project. The larger the drill the better.
- Marketing tool – Serve information or giveaways to customers and potential customers in style!
- Business card holder - Place the little guy on your desk and fill it with a stack of your business cards. You now have a simplistic, modern-looking business card holder!
- Lego® town equipment - Turn one of these plates upside down to create bridges, platforms or cover for your Lego® town! Don't hide it, we know you have one...
We know there must be other ways to use this fun side dish. Let us know in the comments below what you think we missed. Thanks for reading!
- Nic Vodicka
Get Ready For Halloween With Dean Supply!It's almost the time of year where it is socially acceptable to hang monsters and skeletons on your wall and to plaster a room in the colors of black, purple, and orange. It's time to start planning for Halloween! Whether you are decorating your home, office, classroom, tree house, or other area, Dean Supply has what you need to create a spooky, fun Halloween party!
Happy October! Can you believe it's time to start decorating for Halloween? We have everything you need! Check out the link to see our Spooktacular Halloween Party Supplies. We recently bought multiple trailers of party decorations which will be sold as closeouts. This means that many of the decorations you saw last year will be marked down even more! Also make sure to look at our orange, black and purple disposable paper products perfect for school or home Halloween parties.
- Party Beads
- Orange Balloons, Purple Balloons, Black Balloons
- Crepe Streamers
- Disposable Tableware
- Table Covers
- Hanging Spider Webs
- Bats - Hang on your walls, from your ceiling, on the mantle, or everywhere else.
- Skeletons - Angry and happy ones.
- Pumpkins - Hang'em, Stick'em, or Place'em
- And More Halloween Supplies!
- Michael DeSatnik