29 Awesome Ways To Use A Tasting Plate
There are many different uses for these versatile tasting plates from American Metalcraft. Need a little hand-held garden hoe to help plant some seeds and a sturdy sign for your garden that won’t blow away in harsh weather? How about a putty knife? All of these obstacles have one solution. A tasting plate from American Metalcraft.
That’s right folks; these handy little catering plates are not just for serving appetizers at soirees anymore. Serve business cards at your desk or dead bugs right to the trash can. Paint numbers or designs on them and use as table signs or a work of art! Make your display case items pop by having them rest on these tasting plates.
Looking for a more practical, everyday use for these plates? Set your wine down on your new industrial style set of coasters or cut and serve slices of cheese with the same tool (#mindblown)! Are you into painting? Use these plates as a tiny paint palette and create a masterpiece!
These food tasting plates are not just for adults either! Set a tasting dish upside down at the bottom of a Hot Wheels® ramp and launch cars into the air! Incorporate them into your next super sweet Lego® town and wow all of the Lego® people! Bring them into your sandbox and shovel or scoop sand wherever you want it!
Did we mention you can also serve appetizers on these small dishes?
At 19¢ apiece, anyone can have a creative side – here are some examples we have found of how a triangle tasting plate and oval tasting plate from American Metalcraft can be used. Pick one up today and tell us how YOU use it!
- Food sampler - First and foremost, this serving item is a plate - we think. Provide delicious food samples to guests and loved ones at your next party or event! Like sushi or pastries, but nothing messy. Chicken wings and pasta salad might be too much.
- Dead bug scoop - Easily pick up bugs and other objects you don't necessarily want to touch with your hands - like those dead flies in your office.
- Scraper - Use to scrap off old paint or ice off of the car in the winter season!
- Use multiples to create art - Stock up on these little dessert tasting plates and use your imagination! We heard they were at Burning Man this year.
- Display case knick-knack - Make your Lladro collection stand out! An excellent addition to any collection.
- Hand-held garden hoe - Make perfectly straight drenches in your garden with style!
- Prying tool (mini crowbar) - Lock yourself out again? Pry that door open with the power of stainless-steel! Store under the Welcome Mat for convenience.
- Putty knife - Carry and apply putty to divots and holes in walls with ease! Take that Al Borland!
- Smoothing tool - Smooth out that putty by using the plate's edge!
- Letter opener - Sometimes letters can be difficult to open, that's why you should always carry a tasting plate!
- Cheese slicer - Cut through cheese using the edge of this lil guy and serve it to guests on the same plate!
- Coaster - Never worry about water drips or rings again using these bad boys as coasters!
- Dog 'mess' scoop - It's a messy job, at least look good doing it...
- Small painting palette - For the artist in all of us, these plates can mix paint and bring your canvas to life!
- Desk mount for charging cords - Mount one of these tasting plates to your desk and store your cell phone or wrap your charging cords around it to keep them in place - screws not included.
- Table sign - Use these tasting plates as table identifiers with a little paint!
- Garden sign - Mount the handle of the dish to a stake or poll in the garden and never worry about your sign blowing away or falling apart.
- Toy ramp for Hot Wheels® - Fun for all! See how far you can launch toy cars with these tasting dishes!
- Separator (stick in sideways between two objects and turn) - Wires in the way? This plate is perfect to split and separate sheathed wiring so you can get between!
- Star of David - Create this holiday ornament with two tasting plates overlapping in either a hammered or a smooth finish.
- Cell phone stand - Mount your new cell phone stand - plate facing up to a desk by the handle and set your device in it. Makes checking your phone a breeze!
- Back scratcher - Hit those hard to reach places with an extra 3 inches. Relief is just a tasting plate away!
- Bookmark - Don't forget what page you are on! Use as a durable placeholder in your favorite book and easily open back up to where you left off.
- Dry erase marker holder (when mounted above or behind a dry erase board) - Store your dry erase markers right on the board when you mount this plate above or behind a dry erase board (works better with the oval tasting plates rather than the triangle plates).
- Shoehorn - Effortlessly ease your heels into your favorite pair of shoes with an oval tasting plate. The triangle plate will work too but you have to use the right angle.
- Christmas tree ornament - Paint the triangle sized tiny plate green and add a paper trunk to the bottom and you now have a Christmas tree ornament! Warning: The use of power tools may be needed for this project. The larger the drill the better.
- Marketing tool – Serve information or giveaways to customers and potential customers in style!
- Business card holder - Place the little guy on your desk and fill it with a stack of your business cards. You now have a simplistic, modern-looking business card holder!
- Lego® town equipment - Turn one of these plates upside down to create bridges, platforms or cover for your Lego® town! Don't hide it, we know you have one...
We know there must be other ways to use this fun side dish. Let us know in the comments below what you think we missed. Thanks for reading!
- Nic Vodicka
Get Ready For Halloween With Dean Supply!It's almost the time of year where it is socially acceptable to hang monsters and skeletons on your wall and to plaster a room in the colors of black, purple, and orange. It's time to start planning for Halloween! Whether you are decorating your home, office, classroom, tree house, or other area, Dean Supply has what you need to create a spooky, fun Halloween party!
Happy October! Can you believe it's time to start decorating for Halloween? We have everything you need! Check out the link to see our Spooktacular Halloween Party Supplies. We recently bought multiple trailers of party decorations which will be sold as closeouts. This means that many of the decorations you saw last year will be marked down even more! Also make sure to look at our orange, black and purple disposable paper products perfect for school or home Halloween parties.
- Party Beads
- Orange Balloons, Purple Balloons, Black Balloons
- Crepe Streamers
- Disposable Tableware
- Table Covers
- Hanging Spider Webs
- Bats - Hang on your walls, from your ceiling, on the mantle, or everywhere else.
- Skeletons - Angry and happy ones.
- Pumpkins - Hang'em, Stick'em, or Place'em
- And More Halloween Supplies!
- Michael DeSatnik
Big Impact For Small Sampling
Do you serve samples of any kind? Do you serve these samples on just a regular plate? If you answered yes to these questions, American Metalcraft has the perfect little hammered metal plates for you! These plates are extremely affordable and stylish enough to wow anyone you approach with them. We have oval tasting plates and triangle tasting plates with elevated handles for easy carrying, ready to help you impress your friends, family and customers. Use these tasting plates for buffets, place settings and any appetizer or hors d'oeuvre you can think of to create a beautiful, flavorful work of art. So save those regular plates for entrees or desserts and use these stainless steel hammered tasting plates from American Metalcraft for all of your hors d'oeuvres and appetizers!
Sample the deals that Dean Supply has to offer on our American Metalcraft Tasting Plates! These tasting plates are priced to move, so hurry in or place your online order today!
Need some hors d'oeuvre ideas? Below are a few ideas of hors d'oeuvres to serve at your next event and really get people talking! Also, check out our Just Tasting - Mini Appetizer Recipe Book and find new and creative ideas to impress your guests!
Top Appetizer Recipes
Recipes provided by SouthernLiving.com
Stuffed Mushrooms With Pecans
1 (16-oz.) package fresh mushrooms (about 24 medium-size mushrooms)
Baked Fig Crostini
4 ounces chopped cooked bacon or country ham
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Nic Vodicka
Cardinal Beer Glasses Are Here!Stock your bar with these sturdy beer glasses from Cardinal. You want your bartender to look cool behind the bar. Give them the tools they need to succeed. The customer wants a mixed drink? No problem. Pour the liquids in the pint glass and shake it up. The customer just wants a refreshing glass of water? Done!
Give your beer extra appeal using beer glassware from Dean Supply. We carry plain glasses and glasses with logos like Guinness and Maiboack!
Visit us in-store at Dean Supply, 3500 Woodland Ave., Cleveland, OH 44115 or place your online order today!
- Nic Vodicka
Cardinal Printed Glassware!
Colorful logos or etched, these printed glassware selections are cost effective and very stylish. Our printed glasses come highly recommended and discounted to fit into any budget. At these prices, these glasses are a must have for any establishment! Sport your homemade Summer Honey Ale with our 22oz Summer Honey Ale Pilsner Glasses or serve decadent chocolate martinis in our 10oz Hershey Lodge Martini Glasses!
We have printed Pilsner Glasses, Martini Glasses, Rocks Glasses, Wine Glasses, Soda Glasses, Pub Glasses, Tulip Glasses and Wine Tasters ready to energize your bar, restaurant or home. There is only a limited amount of these discounted printed glasses, so visit us in store or place your online order today and get your printed glassware starting at 49¢ each!
While you are shopping our printed glassware, check out the rest of our glassware! There are always new closeout items and clearance items to shop from at Dean Supply!
- Nic Vodicka
Restaurateur 102: When to Outsource Delivery…Or Not
Welcome back to the second part of our blog series on takeout success! Last time, we here at Dean Supply explored the importance of packaging and the role it plays in maintaining a quality brand image for a restaurant’s food and reputation, and it was a huge success! This time around we’ll focus more on the takeout delivery model itself, and compare the pros and cons of traditional in-house takeout delivery and hiring a delivery service to do it for you.
- In-House Delivery:
A big problem a restaurant faces when developing a takeout delivery service is how to manage staff properly to transport takeout food to customers. Using in-house delivery is often preferred because managers can maintain control of the entire operation, from vehicles to staff assignments to payroll. Employees that make deliveries work for you, so enforcing rules and maintaining the brand identity you want is that much more precise. In addition, in-house labor means that employees are usually familiar with regular customers and help to maintain a personable reputation in the community, stimulating repeat sales.
- Hiring a Delivery Service:
Some might say you can’t put a price on control, but choosing to use in-house labor for deliveries generates a large range of additional costs, all of which can combine to make managing takeout deliveries both expensive and time-consuming. Using staff for deliveries means less manpower to run the restaurant, payroll issues over tips and fuel costs, and (if you’re being thorough)purchasing insurance to cover any damages or injuries in the event your drivers suffer accidents in-route. Hiring a delivery service takes care of all that. Often times for a flat rate, delivery services will take on all of the liability and costs for transporting your food to your customers. That means no additional payroll, no staff shortages, and no vehicle maintenance or insurance costs. With no logistical juggling to maintain and no risk of liability, using a delivery service can be worth the loss of direct involvement.
While there’s certainly more detailed issues we could discuss when it comes to choosing the right delivery method, Dean Supply is confident that we’ve covered the basis pros and cons of in-house delivery vs delivery services. If you have any specific questions don’t hesitate to contact us, but in the meantime thanks for reading and keep an eye on our blog for our next post!
- Michael DeSatnik