If you're a fan of bread and butter then this easy, elevated snack is right up your alley. This Lemon Basil Bread Dipping Oil recipe is a savory treat made of bright, crisp flavors perfect as a light meal starter for restaurants, catering or just as an at-home snack paired with a glass of wine. To assist us we used the Dexter 7-Piece Culinary Knife Kit, Tablecraft cutting board and Prolon dinnerware to hold our ingredients and ready-to-serve oil.
The best part of this recipe is its versatility; Works with various combinations of cheeses and herbs, so feel free to improv. Our go-to combinations are lemon, Basil, Garlic, Oregano, Thyme, Rosemary and Red pepper flakes.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, review our supplies and tag us in your creations on Instagram @ShopAtDean. Happy cooking!
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 tbsp. fresh Basil
1/2 tbsp. dried Basil
1/2 tbsp. dried Oregano
1/4 tbsp. dried Thyme
1/4 tbsp. dried Rosemary
2 Garlic cloves
3 Lemon slices
1/2 tbsp. Salt & pepper
1/4 tbsp. Red pepper flakes
1/2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Place dried all spices/dried herbs into separate ramekins.
2. Using the 6" Utility Knife, slice lemon finely, creating multiple circle rings. Place 3 lemon slices (or desire amount) at the bottom of your serving bowl.
3. Take 3 fresh Basil leaves and stack them on top of each other. Roll the leaves into a thin roll. Use the 3.5" pairing knife and chop the basil leaves. Scatter the herbs over the lemon slices.
4. With the 3.5" pairing knife, chop up 2 garlic cloves with and add to your Basil and lemon layers.
5. Sprinkle your dried ingredients over your sliced ingredients. Add grated Parmesan (optional).
6. Attach your chrome liquid pourer to your bottle of choice Olive Oil and pour 1/2 cup into the bowl. If you over pour just add more garlic and dried ingredients.
7. With your 9" Scalloped Offset Knife or Bread Knife, slice your choice of bread.
8. Dip and enjoy!